As their name suggests, Counter Culture exists to provide an alternative shopping experience: one that is more considerate of people and the planet. Offering a wide collection of high-performing sustainable beauty, wellness and homeware products, Counter Culture showcases over 80 sustainable and ethical brands that align with their ethos.
According to this Deloitte report, 1 in 3 of us have stopped purchasing certain brands/products due to sustainability related concerns. Counter Culture is addressing this directly through their 'Shop by Values' tool, which makes it easier to find products that align with your principles. From products that are easy to recycle to plastic-free products, simply select the eco-credential you're after and Counter-Culture will provide a huge range of products to match!
Counter Culture takes a comprehensive approach towards sustainability, considering a range of factors, from ingredients used and product packaging to the carbon output of their own brand. Here's how they minimise their impact on the environment:
- 🌳Through Tr(1)be, Counter Culture protects 5 trees with every order.
- ❌They offer a large variety of plastic-free or reduced-plastic products.
- ♻️They partner with brands that use recyclable packaging.
- ⬆️They offer products that up-cycle or repurpose waste material
- 💧Many of the beauty products on offer use waterless formulas.
- 🌱Hundreds of vegan-friendly beauty products are on offer.
Guides featuring Counter Culture
Learn more about Counter Culture by reading our how-to guides and tips to living more sustainably.
Verified sustainability claims
Counter Culture is taking action for a more sustainable future. The following claims have been proof-backed and verified through ethy, represented by its unique Impact Hive.