The electronics industry is far from sustainable. When electronics are improperly disposed and end up in landfills, toxic chemicals are released, impacting the earths air, soil, water & human health. The electronics industry is also infamous for the unethical treatment of producers and manufacturers.
Fairphone are a social enterprise who's smartphones intend to drive a more ethical & sustainable electronics industry. Their smartphones are reshaping the mobile phone space by putting people & planet first. Here's their eco-credentials:
- 🤝First & only smartphone company to be Fairtrade gold certified
- 🅱️B-Corporation certified
- ♻️Manufactured using recycled and fair materials
- 💪Built to last with replaceable batteries
- 💵Provide living wage bonus for factory workers
Guides featuring Fairphone
Learn more about Fairphone by reading our how-to guides and tips to living more sustainably.
Verified sustainability claims
Fairphone is taking action for a more sustainable future. The following claims have been proof-backed and verified through ethy, represented by its unique Impact Hive.