ethy's framework takes a deep dive into six core paths which represent the most pressing sustainability challenges, and offer the widest opportunities to have a positive impact on people, animals and the planet. These are the paths leading us towards a sustainable future.
The brand does not use virgin or recycled plastic in any of its products and uses nearly 100% plastic free primary and secondary product packaging. The organisation has also met ethy’s reduced plastic criteria.
- The brand does not sell any products using virgin plastics.
- Products are 100% plastic free and product packaging (primary and secondary, including labels) are 96% plastic free.
- Bioplastics certified as industrially compostable (e.g. starch-based polylactic acid (PLA) or polyhydroxyalkanoates (PHA)) are excluded and can be used.
- The brand must intend to maintain the plastic-free standard for the next 13 months from the date of accreditation application as a minimum.
- Brick & mortar shops must not offer plastic carrier bags.
- The organisation has also met ethy’s reduced plastic criteria.
- Activities of the company cannot be related to extracting oil, fossil fuels or selling plastics (excluding industrially compostable bioplastics).
- Confirmation statement.
- Full list of ingredients, components or materials used for product and packaging.
- Industry and activities of the company.
- Certification of any compostable plastics used for product and packaging.